These are some of our favorite cozy autumn dessert recipes.
Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies Dessert Recipe
- 2 cups of sugar
- ¼ cup of cocoa
- ½ cup of milk (I use skim or 2%)
- ¼ lb of butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ of creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups of quick-cooking oats
In a saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, milk, and butter. Put on medium heat and cook mixture until it starts to boil. Remove saucepan from heat and cool for one minute. Add vanilla, salt, peanut butter, and oatmeal–mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls on wax paper or aluminum foil. When set, cookies are ready to eat.
Spider Legs or Haystacks Dessert Recipe
- ⅔ cup peanut butter
- 12 oz bag of butterscotch morsels
- 5 oz chow mein noodles
Melt peanut butter and butterscotch morsels on low heat in a medium pot. Be careful not to burn. Mix in chow mein noodles to coat evenly. Drop on wax paper or aluminum foil.
Hello Dollies Dessert Recipe
- 6 tbsp of butter or margarine
- 1 cup of vanilla wafers/crushed
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of flaked coconut
- 1-14oz can of fat-free sweetened condensed milk (tastes the same as regular)
Preheat oven to 325. Melt butter in a 13×9 pan (I do this in the oven). Sprinkle bottom of pan with crushed vanilla wafers.